




Afterward, we went trick or treating and the kids never wanted to stop (including Lily). Every time we tried to put Lily in the car to get warm, she would point to the other girls and cry. They were so addorable all dressed up in their Lions costumes and everytime Lily was given candy she would say, "ank ooo" (thank you) and the people would laugh and comment about how great the costumes were and how cute the girls were. Several times Bethy was so excited to get to the next house that she would run ahead and I'd have to carry Lily to catch up with her. We all had a wonderful time, but I really think in the future we may have to exclusively do a party rather than trick or treating. I just worry about our kids out in the dark in a world where bad things are happening more frequently. Besides, the party was much more fun.
I forgot to mention that Lily and Bethy were both really sick last Monday and Tuesday. Both of them were throwing up and had diaharia. I thought I was in the clear because I had class on Monday and didn't even see them at all those two days. Well, by last Friday I got it too. I only just made it to work on the bus and after an hour, I knew I had to get home. Amy had to come pick me up and I spent the next 24 hours either in bed or in the bathroom. Yuck again! I sure do get sick easily. Added to this is that Amy has had 6 migraines in the past 8 days. Yesterday was a really bad one and she called me and just babbled, not making any sense at all. I called April Dittrich and Addie Ashton and they came and took the kids so Amy could go to sleep. I was so glad to have good people to call to get help in such a scary situation. Good friends are certainly priceless. I think it scares Baily a little, to sometimes see both of her parents lose it and not be able to communicate. It's really scary too because Amy loses her vision and goes numb. If she's away from the house, she can't drive home. This time really scared us because it was worse than usual and when April arrived to get the kids Amy just hugged her and cried because she couldn't communicate what she was thinking. Amy loves her children, but it sure has come at a sacrifice to her and sometimes really scares us. I sometimes think the Lord gives us experiences like this, just so we can appreciate it when we aren't sick. I need to be more aware of my blessings and grateful for them!
I'm going to put a couple of pictures at the end here that were taken while Amy and I were gone to the temple on Saturday. Margaret Shannon was our baby sitter and it looks like they had fun while we were gone.

Vickie Williamson went to the temple for her first time. It was such a sweet, peaceful, and wonderful experience.Afterward, Oscar was waiting for her and we all went out to eat. It was so much fun and I really respect Oscar. He is a good man who is so willing to give to others in need, he's also a good father and husband. I hope one day he joins the church. Finally, I just want to comment briefly about how grateful I am for a good Bishop and Bishopric. Since I'm in with the priests, I not only get to see how Bishop Anderson leads us in PEC and Sacrament meeting, but I also get to see how he deals with the boys and the youth. I love to learn from this good man and witness how open and honest he is with the priest aged boys. He is a great example.
2 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a really crazy week. I really look forward to reading your blog every week. I started crying reading this last one. I had to but it away my students started to look and wonder what was wrong. I am sorry to hear that Amy is having so many mirgraines lately that is really scary. I wish we were closer to be able to help more. I feel the same way about the Lord giving us these experiences to helps appreciate the good days. I am grateful everyday for Ammon and I health, we are truely blessed each and everyday.
Your friends and ward seem so great Ammon and I always mention on our way home how great your ward is. They really are examples to me.
I read half your post a few days ago, and didn't finish, I got interrupted. Thanks for the comment on my blog!
Sounds like you guys had a great halloween! How fun to have a big party. Maybe we will have to do that next year.
Amy!!! I can't believe that happens to her. It makes me so sad. I hope that she is doing better. Is it only when she's pregnant? How scary!
We sure love you guys! I will pray for Amy.
Post a Comment