Rod Ashby Family

.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkins and Being Sick

Well, another week has passed. Monday I didn't have class, so for FHE we decided to deliver some of our garden pumpkins to people in our ward. We had lots of pumpkins and the girls were so excited to deliver them. I'm not sure anyone will be able to make jack-o-lanterns out of them, but they make good fall decorations for the front porch. Here are some pictures of the girls helping Amy take the pumpkins from the garden to the back porch for sorting.





Tuesday I started getting a sore throat and sinus pressure and by that night I was really sick and got hardly any sleep. By Wednesday morning I called in to work sick and Amy went to the store to get me some NyQuil. After a good dose of medicine I slept for another three hours in the morning and then another two in the afternoon. Thursday I went back to work and Amy and I went to the temple on the spur of the moment because a girl in our ward offered to watch the kids while we went as part of an assignment she had for seminary. I think a lot of times it has to be that way. You just can't think about it too much or you'll find an excuse not to go. It was so nice to be at the temple. When I'm going to school its a little more difficult to make the time to go.

I have to share something Elizabeth said. She seems to always say the funniest things and then I quickly forget them and can't retell what she said correctly. SO I've decided to try and capture some of the things my kids say by writing them down on this blog. The first thing she said happened when we were all driving home from the store and she got the hiccoughs. She prounounced it proudly to us, "I keep hicking up!" Then right before we were to go to the temple, she was the last one at the table because she hadn't eaten her soup. Amy and I went to get ready to go and by the time we were dressed and came back out, she was still sitting at the table refusing to eat. Amy walked up to her and said, "Bethy! You still aren't done? What are you waiting for?" To this Elizabeth replied, "I'm waiting fo(w) Jesus to come again! He's coming down f(w)om heaven!" How do you respond to that? Amy and I couldn't keep from laughing. Every few minutes one of us would bust into laughing whenever we thought of her reply. What makes it even more funny is that she can't say her "R's" and says them as the "w" sound.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I'm sorry you were sick! No fun!

That was so funny what Bethy said. She is so cute. I love that age because they are starting to comprehend things, but not quite all the way.

Those pictures were so fun. I can't believe how dark Bethy's hair is. She looks so different from last time I saw her.