Rod Ashby Family

.

Friday, January 11, 2008

New Job and Snow

We have had a ton of snow this past week! But oh how nice it has been to just have to travel a couple of miles to work. Even with the snow I've been coming home for lunch and it averages about 7 to 8 minutes to make the drive.

While I am very new to my job and am not sure about the specifics of what I will be doing, generally I believe it will be a great experience for me. Already, it is challenging me and introducing me to knew ideas.

Last week Amy went to her doctor's appointment and the doctor was really surprised that the baby looked ready to come out any time now. He expected it to come before her next appointment and we tried to prepare for it the best we could the rest of the week. The baby still hasn't come yet. We went in yesterday to have Doc. Hodges start Amy into labor, he was concerned about her being so far away from the hospital. However, when we got there, they were running behind and we waited an hour before we got to see the nurse and then Doc. Hodges poked his head in the room and apologized, saying that he had two deliveries occurring right then that he had to be to and couldn't start Amy this week. So, we spent about 20 seconds checking the baby's heart beat and left to pick up our kids in Emmett - we thought they would have to stay with Angie for a couple days. We got back home just in time for me to go to mutual/scouts. I was a little dissappointed to not have it happen, since we had made so many arrangements. Oh well, maybe he'll come on his own, or they'll try to start Amy again at her appointment next week. I just hope we make it! I don't want Amy to have the same experience as Denise and Ed (who had their baby on the way to the hospital).

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so glad that your commute is so much better! I love that Bri only has ten minutes of commute. It is wonderful! I wouldn't trade a bigger house for that any day.

Okay, I didn't realize Amy was so close to delivery! I thought she was due at the end of February? I guess I have my dates wrong.
I know how frustrating that is to not know when you are going to have the baby and to be waiting around for it, hoping you make it to the hospital!
With Shay she came so fast, that the doctors wanted to induce me with Ashtyn. They were scared that she would come at home.
It all worked out in the end though and even Raegan was a totally different story. It's amazing how every baby is so different.
Good luck and please call as soon as the baby comes! We are looking forward to hearing about your little boy!

Ammon & Liz Ashby said...

Yahoo for a new post!! I am so excited for you and your new job. It is nice to have a job that challenges you and were you can learn new things everyday. That is what I love about my job. And you can't bet being able to go home for lunch, I look forward to that everyday!

Brenda, I am with you I totally thought Amy was due sometime toward the end of February. I am so excited for your new addition to your cute family. We sure do miss you guys!

Brenda said...

I'm still waiting to see your cute baby on your blog!!! (: